Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Tony Blackburn suspended for playing Cliff Richard

The music of Cliff Richard does not fit the demographic profile of Classic Gold, it would seem and Tony Blackburn has been suspended for repeatedly playing him.

I've never heard of this particular radio station before, but I can guess it's not exactly playing contemporary or challenging music so I can't think of any reason (except of course good taste) to ban the god-fearing, self-appointed peter pan of pop from the playlist.

Good to see that a DJ relic from the 60s still has the embers of rebellion within him.

Please note, I can't abide the sound of Cliff Richard, but I despise even more corporatised radio station who impose a limited playlist on their listeners. If the station owners don't want the DJs to choose their own playlist, why hire them in the first place

No comments: